Dating back to sixth century Anglo Saxon times the village was granted its Market Charter in 1203 by King John. The village gives rise to the River Avon and a tributary of the River Nene. Probably most famous and well known for the decisive civil war battle in 1645 between the Royalists of Charles 1st army and the Armies of Parliament led by Sir Thomas Fairfax the battle marked the demise of the Royalist Army as a fighting force and the end of the Civil War.
Naseby is a thriving local community with two Public houses a village shop, primary school, chapel and church. Primarily a farming community up until the sixties the village has slowly transformed through housing developments and the construction of the A14 over the last 40 years. Like many modern communities it benefits from several thriving local and home based businesses along side the many residents who now commute via the easily accessible A14 and M1.
The parish has a population in excess of 700 residents with approximately 270 houses and a dozen outlying farms and small holdings. The village has its own Parish Council and Village Hall and also benefits from several clubs, groups and charities which cater for leisure activities, Sports, Health, Heritage, Arts and Crafts.